Jan 25, 2009

Mies van der Rohe - Chicago's Commonwealth Promenade Apartments

...



Nice view over The Loop from Mr. Norsik's apartment...



... and the other way around





Now, I am getting kind of lazy...

I wrote a lot on my last post on Federal Center, so I am taking the chance of just posting one more work on Mies in Chicago, without needing a lot of words.

I just would like to mention Mr. Norsik. He was a very nice and polite gentleman who invited us to his apartment, for to show us the nice view you can see from there. I was just under my dark cloth focusing and composing a shot of the buildings (see last image), when he showed up and introduced himself. A really very nice and friendly person!

I never managed to send him a book, as I promised, because in the meantime I had lost his adress.

So, Mr. Norsik, if you happen to come across this lines, just please send me a mail...




It is not always easy, to fit such a big building inside such a small tiny bit of film...

I had been wise enough to buy a Apo-Grandagon 35mm before the trip.

Just amazing how "wide" it can be!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment